Welcome to the
PINCH, PUNCH, FIRST OF THE MONTH
Today marks the 1st of December. Day one of your advent calendar. One month to go of this torrid year.
It also marks the end of another interesting weekend in the Premier League, with once again, one main talking point: VAR.
VAR is public enemy number one right now. And rightly so. It’s a mess. It’s sucked the life out of the game. We need a line drawn in the sand, as well as on the pitch.
Clearly, Ollie Watkins (0) should’ve either had a goal or a(nother) penalty in another arm-based incident (yeah, I’ve got him).
Villa succumbing – despite Jack Grealish’s (10) best efforts – 2-1 to a rapidly improving West Ham.
There were lots of other talking points too – many of them being juicy ones.
- Not one but two disallowed goals for Liverpool in their draw at Brighton. One post-match interview that was possibly better than the game.
- One hat-trick for Mahrez (21). One Burnley team once again conceding a handful at The Etihad.
- One big comeback for Man Utd. Two down at HT only to be rescued by their new talisman(?), Edinson Cavani (15) and win 3-2.
- The Blunts aka the Snortbeasts aka the Dirty Red & White B******* have now officially made the worst start to a Premier League season. One goal by West Brom’s Conor Gallagher (10) giving them their new crown. Congrats!
- Also at the bottom, there was one huge confidence boost for Fulham, finally scoring a penalty and winning impressively at Leicester.
- And a sickening head injury for Raul Jimenez (1). One debate about safety protocols that’s bound to rumble on.
So, in terms of FPL, has all this left your team going one way or the other?
For Steve Cronin, he’s still our FFUK no.1. Mastering stats and all around him. Let’s take a look at the top 20 here:
Winner of the November MOTM was Steven Almond with a mighty 228 points as below.
This was on overall rank – hard luck, Tom Ryan who got the same score. But – plot twist – Tom actually got the best GW score of 83 and as such, qualified for the FFUK Champions League. Worked out pretty well then!
So who were the unlucky ones? Crashing out of the Conts go Jack Rackley and Dean Collins. Never mind, fellas. It’s one less thing to worry about!
So, yeah, VAR sucks. And the game’s gone. But still, keep smiling – it’ll soon be Christmas.
One hope. One love. One FFUK nation under a groove.
Reidy (one millionth)