Cup 3: FFUK Champions League – QUALIFICATION LATEST
And so it all comes down to this ….. one week to go to qualify for the FFUK Champions League. 54 Managers have sealed their places. Another two are nailed on. So 23 places yet to be decided and EVERY Manager is in with a chance of getting one of them.
As I have covered in a previous post, there are several ways to qualify for the competition:
- The top 20 managers from last season’s FFUK
- The two cup winners (FFUK Cup and Milk Plate) from last season’s FFUK
- Top 5 new entrants to FFUK this season as at GW24
- The six managers of the month for August to January
- The highest points scorers in each Gameweek (up to Gameweek 24)
- Up to ten teams will qualify among those left in the FPL Cup at Gameweek 24 (last season eight teams were left at this stage). If more than 10 teams are left in the FPL Cup at Gameweek 24, the ten places will go to those with the highest overall scores
- Top Junior in FFUK at GW24
- Writing a post on the FFUK website last year (2019)
- The remaining places will be filled by the corresponding number of teams as determined by the highest scorers in GW24
It’s all to play for in several of these categories. Manager of the Month for January is currently led by Stephen Fielden (6) but he only has a slender 8 point advantage over Jemma Gibson (25) although Jemma has already qualified through her FPL Cup run.
Things are even more interesting in the top new entrants category. While the top 4 are nailed on for Justin McCarthy (2), Dean Cummings (8), Peter Hayes (11) and Jez Penn (14), the fifth spot is up for grabs. It’s currently shared by Adam Vardy (20=) and Shane Newton (20=), but they only have a two-point advantage over Luay Alfraham (23). Another manager yet to qualify, Andrew Downie (35), is just 15 points behind.
The top young FFUKer is, by contrast, all over. Tom Page-Chatton (107) has 31 point lead over Danny Fielden (151) with Theo Allen (160) a further 8 points back.
As things stand there will be twenty places available for the top scores in that gameweek among Managers who have not yet qualified. Given it’s a double gameweek for Liverpool and West Ham there’s potential for absolute carnage! The total number of places will depend on whether qualifiers in other categories have already qualified and/or there are ties for qualification (under which circumstances all teams who tie qualify).
The draw for the first ever FFUK Champions League will take place on the evening of 31st January.
The following have already qualified. To the rest of you – good luck!
|1||Allan Tomkins||Top 20|
|2||Jordan Davison||Top 20|
|3||Nick Johns||Top 20|
|4||sean colohan||Top 20|
|5||john Harper||Top 20|
|6||Neill Goodwin||Top 20|
|7||mark leathem||Top 20|
|8||Vince .Siracusa||Top 20|
|9||Tim McEwan||Top 20|
|10||James Amar||Top 20|
|11||Jamie Stewart||Top 20|
|12||Lewis Bell||Top 20|
|13||Paul Reid||Top 20|
|14||Damien O’Neill||Top 20|
|15||Marcus Blowers||Top 20|
|16||Daron Russell||Top 20|
|17||Lawrence Sprigings||Top 20|
|18||Steve Cronin||Top 20|
|19||Chris Galloway||Top 20|
|20||Ben Pycz||Top 20|
|21||Tom Newman||Cup winner|
|44||Toby Glicher||FPL Cup|
|45||Jake Walker||FPL Cup|
|46||Jemma Gibson||FPL Cup|
|47||Alex Sadlier||FPL Cup|
|48||Phil Andrews||FPL Cup|